We are pleased to announce the first set of speakers for this year’s BWB sports and new media conference being held October 5-6 at the Tornoto International Film Festival (TIFF) Lightbox Building in partnership with Score Media.
Tickets will go on sale within the next few days. To be among the first to know when they do, sign up using the form below. If you have any questions, please contact us here.
Lineup is subject to change, and several more will be added in the near future.
Jemele Hill, Writer and personality from ESPN
Cyd Zeigler, Outsports.com
Megan Hueter, Women Talk Sports
Keith Clinkscales, President of Shadow Mediaworks
Michael Tillery, The Starting Five
Ken Fang, Fang’s Bites
Michael Smith, Co-host of ESPN’s Numbers Never Lie
Jim Bankoff, CEO of Vox Media/SB Nation
Jim DeLorenzo, VP & GM SI.com
Justin Bourne, The Score
Greg Wyshynski, Yahoo! Sports
Elliotte Friedman, CBC/Hockey Night in Canada
Amy K. Nelson, SB Nation
Trey Kerby, The Score – The Basketball Jones
JE Skeets, The Score – The Basketball Jones
Tas Melas, The Score – The Basketball Jones
Barry Petchesky, Deadspin
Lang Whitaker, SLAM/GQ/The Classical
Chad Mumm, Executive Director, Vox Studios
Bill McCandless, VP of Video Programming & Production, Bleacher Report
Mark Pesavento, VP of Content, USA Today Sports Media Group
Dave Lozo, NHL.com
Additionally, the following topics will be discussed over the two-day event:
- PUCK THAT!: State of the Hockey Media
- THE RISE OF THE CONNECTED LIVING ROOM: Can Digital Channels Really Challenge Networks?
- THE NEW PLAYGROUND: Social & Mobile Platforms Overtaking Sites/Blogs
- CHANGING THE GAME: Diversity in Sports Media
- MONEYBALLS: Measurement and Analytics in Sports Media
- JONES LIVE!: The Basketball Jones Live Podcast
- THE NEXT WORLDWIDE LEADER: Looking at the up-and-coming networks and channels in sports media